Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Eagle and an Antelope



When I was Young Mens' President about two years ago, I had two young men that I wanted to see get their Eagle Scout award. Blaine Frogget got his Eagle two weeks ago. I was not able to attend because of a work commitment. Then last tuesday Scott Maxwell received his Eagle. He asked me to present his award. That would be eagle number 21 and 22 in my scouting career. Both Scott and Blaine gave me their Eagle mentor pin. It is my third. ( Adam Campbell was the first). No one in the Ward seemed to know what to do to get Eagle papers submitted so I offered to help Blaine and Scott with theirs. Blaine works in my office so I gave him the added incentive of no paycheck until his papers were in. He went about eight weeks with no pay but it worked. Even though I was released two years ago, I feel my work is now done in the Ward YM program. Scott Maxwell's Dad was one of the participants on the 2007 Wood Badge course. (Antelope patrol) He received his beads that night as well. It was a special night for the Maxwell family and I was very happy to be a part of it.

No comments: