Sunday, August 8, 2010

100 Year Nevada Jamboree


Introduction to Scuba

Dressing for Scuba

Mountain Man Rendezvous

Civil War Reinactments

Mud Volleybal

Cargo Net toss

Soccer anyone?

Service Project

This week I went with the Scouts to the 100 year Jamboree in Fallon. None of our Scout leaders could go so they asked me to go. ( Truck and Cook Stove does it every time.) We had 7 boys and 4 adults. I coordinated the cooking, trying to get the boys to do as much as possible. It was a great event. The Nevada Area Unit Commissioner Leif Midel from Reno coordinated everything and did a great job. I can't think of anything that was missing. There were lots of activities for the boys. Just a few a pictured above. Our boys didn't even come close to doing everything that was available for them to do. I got to see lots of Wood Badge friends wandering around the fairgrounds. It was hot. Close to 100 and we were camping with no shade. Curtis Campbell was nice enough to go buy a pop up shade cover so we could get out of the sun in our campground. He also rented a room at the nearby Motel Six so the adults had a place go shower. The boys spent a great deal of time in the water. They participated in the mud volleyball tournament. They placed 4th out of 32 teams. They were very pleased with themselves. So was I.

1 comment:

Susy said...

I wished I'd known I would of sent Ryan out your way!